What's On at the Braidwood Quilters?
Braidwood Quilters will continue to meet throughout the summer holidays between 10 and 3 on Wednesdays at the Scout Hall for a friendly chat and quilting away. The door is open, come and join (and you can become a member later - we are sure you would want to participate.
The Braidwood Quilt Shop Callenge 2017
The fabric June has selected for the 2017 Challenge is named Bush Tucker After Rain by Marleen Doolan. The artist has painted her impression of the transformation of the seemingly barren desert to a rich and bountiful domain after the seasonal rains have fallen.
Your challenge is to transform this colourful fat quarter of cloth into a small quilt.
Entry due by 29th October 2017; there is no entry fee. Download the full terms of reference.
Download the Entry Form
4th March Braidwood Show
Visit the website for Pavilion Exhibits – Section S Quilting
February/March - Free Form Machine Embroidery
Come to a 6 weeks course and learn the art of free form machine embroidery
When: 6 Wednesdays (contact Lois for dates)
Where: the Scout Hall
Fee: $50 (donated to the Hospital Auxiliary)
Contact Lois on (02) 48421581
(details and info on what to bring.
About Lois McKenzie
Lois, a Braidwood Textile Artist and member of BQI, focuses on textile art ‘free form’ machine embroidery.
“Freeform machine embroidery is a very exciting textile art form and if you are like me (a failed quilter) and can’t sew a straight line, this could be just the thing to stimulate your artistic senses.” (Lois)
Lois has a preference for land or sea-scapes, finding attaching the work to canvas frames enhance the vibrant colours and scenes of Australia.
Four of Lois’ art works are on display in the Braidwood Library and recently the Queanbeyan Library requested additional art works by Lois to display in their library
What do we do?
- We organise the annual Braidwood Quilt Event and the famous Airing of the Quilts
- We hold the Braidwood Quilters mid-year Country Luncheon
- We plan monthly community quilt workshops
- We get together every Wednesday for sewing, fun and goss
- Our members support worthy projects
- We travel quilts to support other quilting organisations
- We initiate and participate in “fusion events” which cross over into other areas of the arts
Become a Member
- like friendship and creativity,
- enjoy the company of like minded people,
- appreciate support from your peers and happy to support others,
- would like to learn or further your skills and techniques or
- would be happy to mentor others,
- love rich fabrics and love creating timeless quilts,
then Braidwood Quilters is the right group for you.
Become a Member