Festival of Braidwood
There will be something for everyone - in the planning:
- The Outdoor Airing of the Quilts - Wallace Street shopfronts, verandahs etc; various indoor displays will be marked on the map (including inclement weather indoor alternative displays)
- Braidwood Central School - Boutique Quilts & Crafts Market - book your space for selling your quilt or craft now!
- Braidwood National Theatre - variety of quilt and textile arts displays and demonstrations, trading tables, fabric sales and raffle quilt; book your space now!
- St Andrews Anglican Church - quilt display and afternoon concert - more info
- St Bede’s Grounds - Auto show with vintage cars, bikes, tractors, steam engines
- Braidwood Regional Art Group Gallery - a display of a range of handmade Cosplay costumes, meet the makers - more info
- Braidwood Festival's Pop-up Gallery - more info
- fyREGALLERY - Australian print-maker, Sharron Okines exhibition of KITCHENALIA
- Wheatfield Gallery, Mill Pond Farm - exhibition of original Vintage Movie Posters from 1930 to 1980 inc. Mick Jagger Ned Kelly, first Star Wars and more
- Garlic Fiesta - taste the famous Braidwood Garlic - more info
- Open Studio - Silken Tent - demonstration and sales, more info
- Beading workshops by Fiona Hammond of Chiatanyadesigns
- Ryrie Park - Traditional Markets
- Police Paddock - Pony rides by Saddlecamp for 2 - 12 years olds 10am - 2pm
- Carriage rides - by Roscommon
and much much more;
Visit again - program details are being updated progressively as and when finalised
Maps and shuttle buses will be available
All about the Quilt Event
The Airing of the Quilts
26 - 27 November 2016
Be part of The Airing of the Quilts - enter your work
Enter your work to be displayed for the whole world to see! No limit to how many quilts you can enter and no entry fees!
Viewer's choice will attract a
- a first prize of $300 and
- a second prize of $200,
sponsored by the Braidwood Heritage Society.
Boutique Quilts & Crafts Market
Come and sell your quilts, crafts or handmade gifts at the special Boutique Quilt Market on 26 - 27 November and, of course, come and browse and buy a quilt at the Market.
Textile and other allied crafts with demonstrations and items for sale
Come and have your demonstration, stall or workshop at the National Theatre on 26 & 27 November 2016.
What do we do?
- We organise the annual Braidwood Quilt Event and the famous Airing of the Quilts
- We hold the Braidwood Quilters mid-year Country Luncheon (see above)
- We plan monthly community quilt workshops
- We get together every Wednesday for sewing, fun and goss
- Our members support worthy projects
- We travel quilts to support other quilting organisations
- We initiate and participate in “fusion events” which cross over into other areas of the arts
Become a Member
- like friendship and creativity,
- enjoy the company of like minded people,
- appreciate support from your peers and happy to support others,
- would like to learn or further your skills and techniques or
- would be happy to mentor others,
- love rich fabrics and love creating timeless quilts,
then Braidwood Quilters is the right group for you.
Become a Member
Buy a raffle ticket
Your chance to win this beautiful Quilt
Available at the Braidwood Bendigo Bank.
Drawn 27 November 2016 3pm