2017 Quilt Event Exhibition Winners
1. We Are Australian – Equal First Bronwyn Hill and Merelyn Pearce
2. Quilt for a Bed – Pip Bloomfield
3. Lap Quilt – Gabriel Morgan
4. Quilt for a Wall – Julie Terry; Highly Commended – Lois McKenzie
5. Quilt for a Baby – June Weatherstone
6. Quilt for the man in your life – Pam McNamara; Highly Commended – June Weatherstone
7. Quilt for your favourite girl – Barbara Merrony
8. Quilt made by a child (15yrs or under) – Chloe Yates
Highly Commended – Flynn Weatherstone, Meagan & Grace Weatherstone, Austin Shorten, Phoebe Doyle and Lucy Taylor
9. Quilt made from scraps – Cassandra Philpott
10. Quilt made from re-purposed fabric – June Weatherstone
11. Quilt made at ‘Quilt making Class’ – Susan Mayberry; Highly Commended – Heather Shorten
Braidwood Quilt Shop Challenge – Metamorphosis – Helen Rose
Indoor Viewer’s Choice – Merelyn Pearce
Our Braidwood sponsors are so very generous
We wish to express sincere gratitude to Braidwood Community Bank for their continued support and the donation of $1,000 first prize in the Quilt Competition.
In addition we wish to thank the following for their donation of prizes:
- Braidwood Pharmacy
- Braidwood Newsagency
- Concept Café
- Country Workbox
- Creative Edge
- June Weatherstone
- Kings Highway Diner
- The Boiled Lolly
- Muttons and
- Robyn Smith.
Our thanks also goes to
- Braidwood IGA who donated food and drink for the opening on Friday 24th November, and
- Braidwood Servicemen’s Club for providing accommodation for the Lisa Walton Classes and use of the bus to transport visitors to the many venues.
The Braidwood Quilters Inc., would also like to express their thanks in particular to Queanbeyan Quilters and Batemans Bay Quilters who have greatly assisted us this year and in the past.